Nutritious, delicious & simple-to-make. That’s how I like my recipes :)
Here’s a great one from BuzzFeedTasty:
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, hulled and halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces mixed greens
((Feel free to add whatever veggies you like. For more protein, consider adding some quinoa!))
- 1 avocado
- 1 small garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
- In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
- Pour the vegetables onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast for 40 minutes.
- To make the dressing, place the avocado, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is light and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, place a handful of mixed greens on a plate and top with the roasted veggies. Spoon on the Avocado Dressing and serve.
In April I had the pleasure of attending a [re]FIND health event in the UK called Functional Medicine 360: Addressing the Root Cause of Disease with dr. Mark Hyman. Dr. Hyman was accompanied by Dr Rangan Chatterjee (NHS, Functional Medicine GP and presenter of the BBC’s acclaimed programme ‘Doctor in the House’) and Amelia Freer[…]Read More
I wanted to share with you one of the most inspirational speeches I have ever come across. Even though it’s been nearly 10 years ago since Steve Jobs – the co-founder of Apple – gave this commencement speech, the messages he shared with the class of 2005 at Stanford University (and with us) are still[…]Read More